Thanksgiving Race Training Info Sessions
Tuesday, August 26 & Wednesday, September 3
O’Bryonville Running Spot at 7:30 pm
Would you like to participate in one of the oldest running and walking events in the country? You can! 2014 marks the 105th running of our local Turkey Day event. As far as our research tells us, this is the 6th oldest race in the country. Our training program is open to runners, run-walkers and walkers of all levels who wish to train in a fun and unique team-like environment. This program meets twice weekly – Saturdays at 8 a.m. and Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. – leading up to the Thanksgiving Day Race on Thursday, Nov. 27.
Our primary meeting locations include the Running Spot in O’Bryonville and Newport-On-The-Levee, along with Lunken Airport, Summit Country Day School and St. Cecilia Church in Oakley.
We offer various levels of training ranging from walking, run-walking, running and racing. The program is open to novice and experienced runners/walkers alike. You will be grouped with others of similar talents and abilities and led by a group of coaches who will assist you along the way.
You will receive a month-by-month training schedule leading you up to the race date. If you are unable to make a workout, the schedule helps you keep pace with the group. Workouts will involve a blend of speed-training and distance-training designed to get you ready for the 6.2-mile race course. Whether or not you are taking part in the race, you are still welcome to train with us.
It’s not all work! We make sure to add some fun social activities throughout the training period as well!
Cost is $80 and you can register online at
Program Perks – Each participant will receive a Running Spot technical race shirt, a pair of technical running socks, and a FREE ENTRY into a local race of our choice.
ENTRY into the Thanksgiving Day Race is NOT INCLUDED.
Any additional questions should be addressed to:
Bob Roncker via email at email@example.com
Or contact any of our Running Spot locations at:
Newport Spot |
Yes, we are again the Official Training Program of the 2014 Flying Pig Marathon and we are ready to roll into another fantastic year of training for the Pig. Whether you are a marathoner or half-marathoner, runner, or walker... we have the perfect program to fit your needs.
We will again be offering the following options: Marathon Running, Marathon Walking, Half Marathon Running and Half Marathon Walking. All of our programs will meet twice weekly and we'll provide a month-by-month training schedule for you to follow along the way. In addition, we'll make up each and every route for you and provide you with coaching, hydration and energy supplements during the workouts. Run-walkers are welcome as well and we will again be offering a "Sunday morning make-up session" for those unable to attend our Saturday sessions.
- “Ohio” Flying Pig Marathon Running Program will begin on Saturday, January 4 at the Running Spot in O'Bryonville at 7:30 a.m. This group will regularly meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 7:00/7:30 a.m. This program is open to runners and run-walkers alike, whether you are trying to qualify for Boston, set a PR or just trying to “finish” your first one.
- at the Running Spot in Newport at 7:30 a.m. This group will regularly meet at our Running Spot in Newport on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 7:00/7:30 a.m. This group will accommodate all levels listed above and cater to those that find our Newport location more convenient.
- Flying Pig Marathon Walking Program will begin on Saturday, January 4 at the Running Spot in O'Bryonville at 7:00 a.m. This group will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. This is a great program for walkers of all levels wanting to complete a marathon.
- “Ohio” Flying Pig Half-Marathon Running Program will begin on Saturday, January 11 at the Running Spot in O'Bryonville at 8:00 a.m. This group will regularly meet on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and on Saturday mornings at 7:30/8:00 a.m. This program is excellent for first-time half-marathoners with a large percentage of run-walkers as well. It is also excellent for experienced runners just wanting to maintain their training, or set a half marathon PR.
- “Kentucky” Flying Pig Half-Marathon Running Program will begin on Saturday, January 11 at the Running Spot in Newport at 8:00 a.m. This group will regularly meet at our Running Spot in Newport on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and on Saturday mornings at 7:30/8:00 a.m. This Northern Kentucky group will accommodate all levels listed above, but primarily meet at our Newport location.
- Flying Pig Half-Marathon Walking Program will begin on Saturday, January 4 at the Running Spot
in O'Bryonville at 7:00 a.m. This group will regularly meet on Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. and on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. This is an excellent option for those walkers looking for a challenge, but not ready to tackle a full marathon.
The cost of all of these programs is $100 and will include a local 10K race entry and some very nice perks.
An enhanced level of fitness
to Bob Roncker's Running Spot (good through April 27, one week prior to the Pig)
Belt to attach race bib/identification
Two Group Happy Hours
A Training Group Picnic
Free Entry into the March 1, Food On The Run 10k
Reduced entry fee to Heart Mini-Marathon
Primary access to The Running Spot Injury/Health Clinics
Exclusive Smooth Running (learning proper form) sessions
To register, you can , or visit any one of our Running Spot locations in person.
Flying Pig Training Program Informational Meetings
Tuesday, December 10 at 7:30 p.m. (Running Spot O'Bryonville)
**Tuesday, December 17 at 7:30 p.m. (Running Spot Newport)**
Wednesday, December 18 at 7:30 p.m. (Running Spot O'Bryonville)
**Thursday, December 26 at 7:30 p.m. (Running Spot Newport)**
Monday, December 30 at 7:30 p.m. (Running Spot O'Bryonville)
1993 Madison Rd
127 W Loveland
317 Monmouth St
267 E Sharon Rd
Throughout the training, you will receive a month-by-month training schedule along with excellent guidance from our staff of coaches whose primary job is to help get you prepared for the 2014 Flying Pig marathon & half marathon on Sunday, May 4. In addition, we'll do our best to make it a fun, socially interactive, team-building atmosphere... and maybe hit a Happy Hour or two along the way.
Still not sure if this is right for you...? Then attend one of our Informational Meetings listed above or call one of our Running Spot locations for more information.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for the Full Year of 2014 Programs at a cost of $250.
In addition to all of the perks, you will also receive a to
Bob Roncker's Running Spot (expires 12/31/14). Inclusion to all Running Spot groups excepting Sit to Fit.
Here's hoping you decide to join us in 2014... be careful... you might become addicted!!!